Expert Sod Installation in Atlanta
GLM Sod & Landscape Materials provides the best sod installation in Atlanta, Georgia. Because we have relationships with some of the best sod farms in the Southeast, we are not limited to choosing sod from only one farm. We can handpick the highest-quality sod and give it to our customers. Feel free to pick up your sod from our lot or choose to have our professional sod installers in Atlanta deliver your sod to you!
Our Grass Varieties
- Turf-type tall fescue
Why Choose Sod?
There are several reasons why choosing a sodded lawn is better than choosing a sprigged or seeded lawn, including the following:
- You get instant beauty without years of cultivation.
- Sodded lawns require no special care.
- There’s no need to wait for a “special season” for installation since you can sod anytime the ground is ready to be tilled.
- Sod is 15 times more effective at controlling runoff than a seeded lawn.
- There will be no erosion from wind and water.
- Sod comes with up to a half-inch of fertile topsoil in addition to turf grass.
- The growth cycle starts immediately.
Atlanta Sod Installation Tips
Looking for some Atlanta sod installation tips? Before receiving your sod, till or spade the area to a depth of four to six inches. Make sure soil slopes away from foundations. This will eliminate drainage issues. Next, have your soil tested by an expert to determine what your soil needs. Rake in the recommended fertilizer, lime, peat, or compost as needed to a depth of three to four inches. Remove any rocks, roots, or large clods.
Next, roll the area with a lawn roller one-third full of water. Make sure the soil is level. The grade should be one inch below sidewalks and driveways. Finally, water the prepared area to settle the soil. This will also provide a moist base for your sod. Give us a call if you have any questions.